03.11.2016

Auditors enjoy an extraordinarily high appreciation in their business customers’ eyes, showed a recent survey conducted by the German Institute for Service Quality among decision-makers in companies.

Four auditors achieved the quality rating "very good", while the other six were rated "good". The auditors show very homogeneous performance. In three assessment areas – competence, customer orientation and communication – all providers were assessed to be on a very high level by their business customers.

From audit planning to execution and reporting, the experts received consistently good to very good customer evaluations. In addition to high professional competence, the personal presence, commitment and flexibility of the employees were acknowledged. Thanks to the close cooperation between service providers and clients, the customer orientation of the auditors received high marks as well.

Just under five per cent of the respondents have been disappointed in their audit firm. A late feedback is the most frequently mentioned reason for annoyance, followed by poor accessibility and too much bureaucracy.

Rödl & Partner ranked as the top service provider with the best overall judgment for customer satisfaction and the quality assessment "very good". The company achieved the first place in all four evaluation areas: competence, customer orientation, communication and conditions. The specialists are highly valued for their competence and flexibility. Ebner Stolz took the second place in the ranking, having achieved the highest recommendation index score and its employees were commended for their professionalism and commitment. KPMG came third having also achieved above-average results in all areas and a relatively high recommendation index and was commended for excellent customer orientation as well as competence and credibility. 

 

B2B customer survey: overall assessment
Certified Public Accountants 2016

Ranking

Firm

Points

Quality score

1

Rödl & Partner

82,4

very good

2

Ebner Stolz

81,8

very good

3

KPMG

81,3

very good

4

Warth & Klein Grant Thornton

80,7

very good

5

Ernst & Young

79,3

good

6

Roever Broenner Susat Mazars

78,9

good

7

BDO

78,6

good

8

Baker Tilly Roelfs

78,5

good

9

Deloitte

78,2

good

10

PwC

77,5

good

 

Total average:

79,7

 

The interview-based survey included 300 assessments from decision-makers from medium-sized enterprises. The ten largest auditing companies in Germany in terms of their turnover and number of employees were ranked. The key aspects assessed in the survey were competence, customer orientation, communication and conditions, which formed 80% of the total assessment and the remaining 20% comprised the recommendation index. The customer survey was carried out by the specialists of Krämer Marktforschung for the German Institute for Service Quality.

More detailed information about the survey is available at http://disq.de/2016/20160624-Wirtschaftspruefer.html (in German).