Incorporating a new company overseas can be a time-critical project, especially if customers request your presence in a given market through a legal entity before they will buy goods or services from you.
In most jurisdictions, a foreign investor will need to provide more documents than local businesses. A seemingly straightforward step can become a complex operation, requiring consideration of company law, taxation, financial and practical matters.
At Rödl & Partner we bring together a unique blend of expertise to help international businesses manage the formation process in a cost-efficient, timely manner.
At the same time, we try to think ahead and profit from our global experience. This might include developing alternative structures and investment vehicles that may not be well known in a given jurisdiction, but are perfectly possible and highly attractive from a risk management and tax efficiency point of view.
For example, Rödl & Partner pioneered in a number of jurisdictions the formation of general partnerships with limited companies as general partners – an interesting option for many overseas investors using partnership structures in their home jurisdiction.
When forming companies on behalf of international businesses, we provide the following services:
- incorporation of companies and formation of partnerships
- drafting memoranda and articles of association
- shareholders agreements
- initial statutory board and general meeting minutes
- company seals in countries where seals are required
- recording statutes in the appropriate registers
- registering the new business for corporation tax and, where appropriate, social security and VAT purposes