Mergers & acquisitions
There are many reasons for buying and selling a business. Among them are investment, divestment, conquering new markets, competitive pressure and concerns about succession planning. Often international businesses can get a big competitive advantage from an opportunistic lucky buy. Whatever the motivation, ownership structures of national and international businesses are changing dramatically.
In the international market for mergers and acquisitions, Rödl & Partner helps both buyers and sellers move forward step by step to a successful transaction.
Our services regularly include:
- legal, tax and financial due diligence
- letters of intent
- risk management in cross-border business transactions, legal opinions
- deal structuring, tax-efficient integration and divestiture planning, financing arrangements
- drafting transaction documentation, deal execution in cross-border and national share deal and asset deal transactions
- post-acquisition execution of transactions, post-merger integration
In merger and acquisition projects we benefit from the vast experience of a truly inter-disciplinary, global professional services firm, with a unique track record of multi-country transactions from a legal, tax and financial angle.