We use cookies to personalise the website and offer you the greatest added value. They are, among other purposes, used to analyse visitor usage in order to improve the website for you. By using this website, you agree to their use. Further information can be found in our data privacy statement.



Covid-19: Portugal is fifth in the world in vaccination rankings

PrintMailRate-it

published on 2 September 2021 | reading time approx. 1 minute

 

Portugal is now in 5th place and 2nd among European Union countries, where the average vaccination rate is 57 percent. At the end of August, Portugal had already 73.87 percent of its inhabitants fully inoculated against Covid-19 and only 10.9 percent with one dose received, which makes a total of 84.77 percent and puts the country ahead of the vaccination process according to Our World in Data.

 

 

Nevertheless, if we look only at complete vaccination, Portugal is in second place in the European ranking, only surpassed by Malta: where around 80 percent have already been fully vaccinated.

  

Click to enlarge

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations, 31 August 2021

 

In Portugal, the vaccination campaign against covid-19 started on 27 December 2020, and single-dose (Janssen) and double-dose (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca) vaccines are currently administered.

 

Please note that Covid vaccination in Portugal is not compulsory. However, the majority of Portuguese have voluntarily chosen to be vaccinated. With fewer and fewer people to vaccinate, the rate of inoculations has fallen to almost half of that recorded at the beginning of July

 

It is expected that in 3 weeks 85 percent of the Portuguese will have been fully vaccinated, which will allow Portugal to move on to the last step of the deconfinement and thus regain some normality.

 From the article series

Contact

Contact Person Picture

Filipe Lobo d’Avila

+351 212 4726 88

Send inquiry

 How we can help

 Read more

Deutschland Weltweit Search Menu